Sunday, September 25, 2016

Artist Stacey Carter and Derek Lynch Collaboration

Stacey and I have been doing artist collaborations for the last three years. Ever since the time when I found a 30" x 40" photo in the back of building 101  at Hunters Point shipyard on my way to teach an after school art class at New Traditions Creative Arts School.   Stacey and I have a studio among almost 200 other artist studios ( one of the largest artist colonies in the US). I like to do work on found objects and this was just what I was looking for (a photo of an old ship from the shipyard) I thought the office must be throwing it out so I took it and began working on it. I then went to teach my class.  I got a call from Stacey Carter and  made the mistake of putting the phone on speaker and one of the students heard the conversation. Afterwords the student asked me, Derek you steal art from other artists?   We have been doing artist collaborations ever since.

No comments: